Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 1

Things I've accomplished in the 24 hours I've been here:
4 hours of monitoring, 2 steroid shots, 1 IV, answered tons of questions, several sugar tests...one failed, 2 visits with my doctor, several good meals, knitting, Chad's sermon from two weeks ago, Bible reading for the day, 3 chapters in a new book, 1 movie, Djokavich and Federer tennis matches, attempt at a nap, facebook, e-mail, and extra trips to the bathroom just to get up...I think that covers it!

I have a great view of the mountains from my window...home! I'm told its one of the better rooms as far as that goes. It was nice to see the sun hitting the slopes this morning from my bed.

Oh, and something I meant to mention yesterday in my update. Remember the part about the two rare conditions I have? The doctor used words like "chance" and "just happens to be there." They hardly ever see either condition...and its even more rare to see them both in one patient. Well to me that just means that God is making Himself known. There are no random chances here...for some reason we don't know yet, God has PLACED the placenta, blood vessels, and umbilical cord exactly where they are. I just have to believe that He is going to display His glory in this situation and possibly draw someone to Himself. Pray with me that I will be sensitive and open to what He is doing.

So after a long day I think I'm down to one more sugar test, one hour of monitoring, phone call from Andy, and then hopefully some good sleep for tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Casey,
    You are such an encouragement to me. I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of your family. You have such a great Spirit about this whole experience. God is in control!! I'm praying for you, and the baby and your family!! Keep writing in your blog... I look forward to reading it.
    Love,
    Jody Thompson Margene

    ReplyDelete