Thursday, January 21, 2010

32 Week update

I went back to the doctor yesterday for another ultrasound. Baby looks awesome :) Its fun to see this little one dancing around in there so often! Baby is measuring again right on target for my due date, so that is good. The baby is also in a breech position...but who cares! I'm having a c-section anyway. As long as he/she is comfy, we're doing well. :) I didn't gain any weight again this week, but not to worry. My doc expects a growth spurt any time :) I count these weeks as success for me since I usually gain way too much. I attribute this success to having to count carbs for each meal and snack...and then the accountability of testing my blood sugar. If I give in to cravings and pig out or eat something I shouldn't, my doctor can see that on the nice little print out she gets at the office. Then she says, "What's that about?" And I say..."Uh, I couldn't stand it anymore...I had some french fries!" Overall she was really happy about how I've kept my blood sugar under control.

During the ultrasound my doctor was mainly looking for those blood vessels that have planted themselves in the wrong place. She wasn't happy with what she was seeing, so we switched to a different ultrasound technique to try to get a better look. This was more concerning to her...and for a few minutes I thought she might not actually let me leave! As it turned out, she let me come "home" to Zach and Mindy's where I waited for a phone call. She sent the ultrasound pics to the specialist group we've been working with and consulted with them. The end result is that I have another appointment with a specialist scheduled for Tuesday. They will do some kind of procedure (doplar something something or other) that will hopefully allow them to determine who those pesky blood vessels belong to. If the blood vessels are mine, I'll come back "home" and carry on with our current plan...and schedule a c-section for 36 weeks (around Feb. 18). If the blood vessels feed the baby I will be immediately admitted into the hospital. So she made it clear that I should be prepared with a bag packed to stay at the hospital on Tuesday. I've been scrambling in my mind a bit to figure out what else I need to take care of before Tuesday just in case!

Its a little disappointing to think that in a few days I may be adjusting again to new living arrangements...and just when I'm feeling really comfortable here! I am thankful that my doctor is very active in making sure that this baby will survive...and therefore I'm willing to do anything and everything she says to get to that wonderful day when we will hear this baby cry! What a blessed sound that will be! In the meantime, yesterday's appointment was a good reminder to me to continue to be very careful in what I allow myself to do. I actually feel really good and it is easy to get careless and do too much. Zach and Mindy have been great and I am thankful for all of their help. My boys are coming down this weekend so I'm really looking forward to that. Especially knowing that the visits after this may have to take place in the hospital.
And so, we continue to wait! Thank you all again for your support and prayers.
Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He will strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment