The past few weeks have been busy around here. We've been working like crazy on the house and now are getting to where it feels really clean and nice! Its a good feeling. As soon as I get a flyer done, I'm putting out the for sale signs! And for those of you who are wondering...we are sticking around. Our plan was to live in this house for 2 years, then sell and build again. Although the market is not great, we thought we'd at least give it a go. If it doesn't happen, we are still in a great place and a great house. As Brady might say, "no biggie."
Last night I took Brady to kindergarten round-up. It was just strange. There are a lot of things we are thinking through for next year. I always thought I'd home school for the first three years...but his school is small and he would have a nice small class. However, kindergarten here is 5 full days this coming year and I don't like that. Five years old seems very young to send him off for most of his waking hours. I am a stay-at-home mom because I believe strongly in the value of home time for young kids...and I'm not ready to give that up completely. Anyway, there is much more to this, but I won't go into it now. Please pray for us as we consider everything involved in what to do with Brady next fall.
We recently ran out of diapers for Luke and decided not to buy any more. It seems that potty training him has seriously dragged out for a year, so we are going to torture ourselves for a few days and see how it goes. Needless to say that means more laundry and cleaning for me. I'd say he's at about 80%. His birthday is this coming weekend and it has really snuck up on me. With no trip to Denver planned, and no presents, we might just have to postpone his birthday for another weekend...not that he would know. We'll see.
The boys have a new skill. I'm going to have to get it on video. There is a book that they love right now, "Roar of a Snore." They both know it so well that between the two of them they can quote it from start to finish...with or without the book in front of them! It is particularly amazing and funny when they finish each other's lines....for example: Luke might say, "I'll be hornswoggled!" and Brady says, "Jack Huffle cried." And they continue like that through the book. Great memories!
Jolee is doing great. I am so addicted to her smiles. She is kinda in that awkward stage where she wants to be awake but can't really do anything...I think sometimes she cries out of boredom. Although she really doesn't cry much at all. She is great!
No comments:
Post a Comment