However...this year when my 5-year-old brought home a list of "things to do" in preparation for the big day at school, Valentine's Day started to bring a host of complications to my mind.
I'm not sure how I feel about my little guy making Valentine's for the little girls in his class. Harmless you might say...and probably so...but how much do I really want to bring this up on his radar screen right now? Hmmmm. I know, I know...its really about sweet treats and having a party at school and that is about it. We have to make a Valentine box to send to school so that everyone can deliver little notes and candy to each other. So (((sigh))) I will do everything on that list....but I'm going to make it as boyish and harmless and as far from the whole "boyfriend-girlfriend" epidemic as I possibly can.
So my wheels started turning, I dusted off my paints and paintbrushes, and here is my "very cool" (words from Brady) finished product for his Valentine Mailbox. ****No lace, hearts, or sweet lips here!**** (It was fun...not perfect, but fun. And now my little guy thinks his mom is the coolest....SO worth it!)
Where is the slot to insert valentine cards?? Very cool ... and GREAT JOB on the artwork!! "not perfect"? ... very nearly perfect, I would say!
ReplyDelete